Here is just a sample of what we in Marin can do together to address the impact of poverty and economic disparities and assure all children have basic needs and equitable opportunities needed to succeed in school and have a healthy life.
Call to Action
- Create safety net services at schools and early education programs that link students and families to resources such as SNAP, health insurance, housing and child care subsidies.
- Assure every eligible child is enrolled in reduced price meals and their families are enrolled in SNAP (food stamp) programs, if they are eligible.
- Provide breakfast and lunch at schools to assure that children have fuel for learning.
- Provide free and reduced priced meals at schools during summer and school breaks for low income children.
- Expand child care subsidies for low to moderate income families.
- Support affordable housing options for families.
- Support higher minimum wages for workers.